A clinical-epidemiological study of an accidental poisoning by Robinia pseudoacacia L. (lucust tree) in six school children has been made. The case had sucked and/or chewed the bark of this plant. The clinical symptoms were abdominal pain, thirst, nausea, vomiting, dry throat, muscle weakness, mydriasis, headache, dizziness and diarrhea. The treatment was activated charcoal in 5 cases and subsequent gastric lavage in 3 cases. The results was favorable. The poisoning took place in the school yard during the mid-morning recreation period. Only girls were affected (average age 6.5 +/- 2.1 years old). The attack rate was 31.6% for the school children who tasted the bark, and chewing it constituted the highest factor of risk (p = 0.03). Recommendations have been made to prevent childhood accidents.