Download the Free Unbound MEDLINE PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android:
Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:
- Anti-Apoptotic Effects of 3,3',5-Triiodo-L-Thyronine in the Liver of Brain-Dead Rats. [Journal Article]
- PLoS One 2015; 10(10):e0138749.
- Drug-induced liver injury in hospitalized HIV patients: high incidence and association with drugs for tuberculosis. [Journal Article]
- Ann Hepatol 2015 Nov-Dec; 14(6):888-94.
- Weight Maintenance with Litramine (IQP-G-002AS): A 24-Week Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study. [Journal Article]
- J Obes 2015.:953138.
Background.Litramine (IQP-G-002AS) was shown to be effective and safe for weight loss in overweight and obese subjects. However, long-term effectiveness on maintenance of body weight loss has yet to be ascertained.
Objective.To assess effect of Litramine on maintenance of body weight loss. Methods. A double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial on overweight and obese patients was conducted over two sites in Germany for 24 weeks. Subjects with documented previous weight loss of 3% over the last 3-6 months were randomised to groups given either Litramine (3 g/day) or a matching placebo. Primary endpoints were difference of mean body weight (kg) between baseline and end of study and maintenance of initially lost body weight in verum group, where maintenance is defined as ≤1% weight gain.
Results.Subjects who were taking Litramine lost significantly more body weight compared to the subjects taking placebo who gained weight instead (-0.62 ± 1.55 kg versus 1.62 ± 1.48 kg, p < 0.001). More importantly, 92% of subjects in Litramine group were able to maintain their body weight after initial weight loss, versus 25% in placebo group. No serious adverse events were reported throughout.
Conclusion.Litramine is effective and safe for long-term body weight maintenance. Trial Registration. This trial is registered with Clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT01505387.
- Estimation of Specific Salivary Enzymatic Biomarkers in Individuals with Gingivitis and Chronic Periodontitis: A Clinical and Biochemical Study. [Journal Article]
- J Int Oral Health 2015 Sep; 7(9):54-7.
- Epidemiology of hepatitis B and C infections and benefits of programs for hepatitis prevention in northeastern China: A cross-sectional study. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Clin Infect Dis 2015 Oct 3.
- The curative effect of adefovir dipivoxil treating HBeAg negative chronic hepatitis B and treating HBeAg positive chronic hepatitis B combining interferon α-2b. [Journal Article]
- Pak J Pharm Sci 2015 Jul; 28(4 Suppl):1493-7.
- Gut-derived lymphocyte recruitment to liver and induce liver injury in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease mouse model. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015 Oct 2.
- Stanhope Speer, Physician and Alpinist: In 1853, First to Describe Mountain Sickness? [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- High Alt Med Biol 2015 Oct 2.
- Multiple Pathways Control the Reactivation of Telomerase in HTLV-I-Associated Leukemia. [JOURNAL ARTICLE]
- Int J Cancer Oncol 2015 Jun 2; 2(2)
- [The frequency of peripheral blood CD14(+)HLA-DR(-/low) MDSCs is negatively correlated with the inflammation in patients with chronic hepatitis B]. [English Abstract, Journal Article]
- Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 2015 Oct; 31(10):1387-90.